Robert I. Aufseeser is an associate with the firm. His practice centers on Corporate Law, Trusts and Estates, Real Estate and Taxation matters.
Mr. Aufseeser received his B.A. in Political Science from Rutgers University and his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law and holds an LL.M. in Taxation from New York Law School.
Representative matters include:
- Defending an Executor against charges of undue influence and the presentment of a formal accounting action brought by the decedent’s daughter
- Defending a beneficiary against the probate of an unsigned note that was purported to be a Last Will & Testament
- Admitting a will to probate that did not comply with the legal formalities for wills under New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 3B:3-2)
- Using insolvent estate proceedings to protect assets from creditors and to absolve the Executor of liability
- Creating a court sanctioned Special Needs Trust to protect assets in the context of a Guardianship proceeding
- New Jersey Child Support Liens: Who is Liable for Distributions to Beneficiaries, New Jersey Law Journal, June 17, 2016
- Injured Spouse Allocation: How to Protect your Tax Refund from your Spouse’s Tax Debt, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, January 30, 2012
- Post-Mortem / Sperm-Donor / Adopted-In / Adopted-Out / Pretermitted / Omitted and Related Issues Affecting the Inheritance Rights of Children, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, June 9, 2010
Mr. Aufseeser has been named as a New Jersey Super Lawyer – Rising Star for 2015 — 2018.*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the American Bar Association.