ANSELL GRIMM & AARON, PC’s dedicated Cannabis Law Practice Group has an in-depth understanding of the laws related to cannabis production, sale, use, regulation and legalization. Our attorneys are prepared to assist in all aspects of this emerging field and are committed to helping our clients understand their rights and the opportunities in this complex and evolving area of law.
The cannabis industry is currently valued at nearly $8 billion and is expected to exceed $30 billion in the next five years; making it one of the fastest growing industries in history. Nevertheless, cannabis law remains a multifaceted and complex field with, at times, conflicting regulations from different governing bodies. Our attorneys are prepared to work in this highly regulated field on behalf of marijuana entrepreneurs, industrial hemp producers, ancillary businesses, and governing bodies seeking regulatory counsel.
The lawyers of ANSELL GRIMM & AARON, PC’s Cannabis Law Practice Group handle matters including, but not limited to:
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Commercial Leasing
- Federal Enforcement Actions
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory and Municipal Compliance
We have an established record in the cannabis space enabling us to serve our clients unlike any other local law firm. By example, ANSELL GRIMM & AARON, PC co-hosted the first-ever Cannabis Symposium in New Jersey which drew nearly a thousand people (two other Symposia followed). Joshua S. Bauchner, head of the practice group, is a member of the Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association Cannabis Law Committee, has spoken at the Cannabis World Congress and Business Expo at the Jacob Javits Center, and has presented CLE’s on cannabis at the NY State Bar Association, among other fora.
The firm also has been covered by by numerous media outlets and published on the topic.
- Where the Gibson Taxpayers Went Wrong – Law360
- With the Election of Gov. Murphy, NJ is on the Path to Legalization – Freedom Leaf Magazine
- Client Alert: New Jersey accepting applications for up to six new, vertically integrated, medical marijuana facilities.
- Client Alert: New Jersey Introduces two new cannabis bills
- How NY And NJ Medical Cannabis Regulations Are Evolving – Law360
- New York’s Proposed Expansion Of Medical Marijuana Regulations – MJNews
- Trump and Sessions Need to Take a Deep Breath (and Perhaps Inhale) When It Comes to Pot Regulations – High Times
- New Jersey’s Cannabis Industry is Growing: Where does it Grow from Here? – High Times
- Colorado Indicates Cannabis is no Substitute for Alcohol – High Times
- Cannabis Regulation in Nevada: A Guide for Potential Entrants into the Marketplace – High Times