Anthony J. D’Artiglio is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation, Bankruptcy, Labor & Employment, and Cannabis Law practice groups. Mr. D’Artiglio has experience litigating a wide range of commercial matters from inception through trial, including commercial lease disputes, class actions, Consumer Fraud Act claims, corporate/shareholder disputes, employment disputes, and secured property actions. Mr. D’Artiglio also regularly represents creditors in Bankruptcy matters.
Mr. D’Artiglio is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York as well as the United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey and Southern District of New York. Mr. D’Artiglio received his J.D. from Boston College Law School and his B.A. in Finance from the University of Notre Dame where he was a Reilly Honors Scholar. Following graduation from law school, Mr. D’Artiglio served as law clerk to the Honorable Anthony M. Massi, J.S.C., in the Civil Division of the New Jersey Superior Court, Mercer County. Prior to joining Ansell, Grimm & Aaron, Mr. D’Artiglio worked as a litigation associate at a mid-sized Manhattan law firm. Prior to bar admission, he volunteered at the Boston College Civil Litigation clinic, successfully representing clients in landlord-tenant and family law disputes.
Representative matters include:
- Prosecuted construction and design defect claims against sponsors and developers of multiple, luxury condominium and cooperative buildings in New York City.
- Defended a multi-unit, residential complex against class action claims from tenants.
- Obtained pre-discovery summary judgment dismissal of a putative class action alleging Consumer Fraud Act and Truth in Consumer Contract Warranty and Notice Act claims against an auto towing chain.
- Secured dismissal at the pleading stage of claims against a nationwide cellular service provider based on a “shrink wrap” arbitration agreement.
- Prosecuted multi-million dollar fraud and corporate mismanagement claims involving an investor dispute for development of a retail mall complex ultimately leading to a favorable settlement.
- Obtained temporary restraints on behalf of a corporate client in a dispute involving a hemp cultivation facility.
- Prosecuted breach of lease claims against a Fortune 500 tenant.
- Secured an early discontinuance of all claims against a landlord for an off-property accident after the insurance company disclaimed coverage.
- Successfully defended a developer in the Appellate Division from an action filed in lieu of prerogative writs challenging zoning and variance approvals ultimately leading to discontinuance of the appeal by the objector.
- Staying Ahead of New Cannabis Laws, IndustryWeek
- Managing Medical Marijuana in the Workplace, GreenEntrepreneur
- New York’s Medical Marijuana Program is Undergoing Some Big Changes, MJBA’s MJ News Network
- New Jersey’s Cannabis Industry Is Growing: Where Does It Grow from Here? High Times Magazine
- Creditors Rights in Bankruptcy: How to Keep from Losing Your Shirt, Retail Info Systems
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- District of New Jersey, 2016
- Southern District of New York, 2017