Ashley V. Whitney, Esq. is an associate with the firm. Her practice is devoted to the areas of Labor & Employment Law and Commercial Litigation.
Ms. Whitney has extensive employment litigation experience which includes handling civil rights and constitutional law. She also has represented public employees and union members in administrative law matters, including appeals to the Office of Administrative Law, de novo trials before the New Jersey Superior Court, Law Division, and appeals to the New Jersey Superior Court Appellate Division.
Ms. Whitney is admitted to practice in the state courts of New Jersey and New York as well as the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Ms. Whitney was selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Start, in 2020.*
Representative matters include:
- Successfully defended against disciplinary charges at administrative hearings resulting in dismissal and reduction of charges
- Negotiation with numerous public entities to reach favorable settlements on behalf of employees
- Obtained default judgment against municipality in CEPA case which resulted in $1.8M judgment in favor of plaintiff following proof hearing on damages
- Second chair for trial in federal §1983 case against dual-state agency which resulted in $1.3 M verdict in favor of plaintiff
- Second chair for trial in NJLAD case against a state university which resulted in $2.2M verdict in favor of plaintiff
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the American Bar Association.