David K. Ansell was senior partner and Chairman of the Matrimonial and Family Law Department. Mr. Ansell devoted his entire practice to matrimonial law. He received his B.A. from the University of North Carolina and his J.D. from the University of Virginia, School of Law.
Mr. Ansell had been very involved in Supreme Court committee work and bar association activities. He served on numerous Supreme Court committees in the family law field and was a member of the original Pashman Committee, which formulated many of the rules and regulations regarding matrimonial law in the State of New Jersey.
Mr. Ansell has been President of the Monmouth County Bar Association, President of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (New Jersey Chapter), and a Trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
In 2007, Mr. Ansell was the honored recipient of the Abe Zager Professionalism Award by the Monmouth County Bar Association. This award is given to the attorney who attains the highest degree of professionalism both in the practice of law and in public service, as decided by the votes of all of the lawyers in Monmouth County. Mr. Ansell was also among the recipients of the 2007 Professional Lawyer of the Year award, annually presented by the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law. This award is presented in cooperation with bar associations across the State of New Jersey, to lawyers whose character, competence and commitment to the highest professional standards mark them as outstanding members of the bar. In addition, Super Lawyers magazine named Mr. Ansell to its list of outstanding attorneys in the practice of family law in the State of New Jersey for the years 2005 through 2008.*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the American Bar Association.
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member, 1975-Present; Trustee, 1982-1986
- New Jersey State Bar Association; Member, General Council 1975-Present; Chair, Family Law Section 1985-1986
- Ethics Funding Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Member; Trustee, 1968-1992; President, 1981-1982
- AAML, New Jersey Chapter, President 1994-1995; Currently on Board of Managers
- Supreme Court Committee on Matrimonial Litigation (Pashman Committee), 1971-1981
- Supreme Court Ethics Financial Committee, 1984-1988
- Supreme Court Alternative Dispute Committee, 1983-1986
- Supreme Court Family Practice Committee, 1984-1988
- Supreme Court Committee on Computer Security and Privacy, 1988-1990