Seth M. Rosenstein is an attorney in Ansell Grimm & Aaron’s Commercial Litigation Practice and its Cannabis Law Practice. He has significant experience representing clients in the negotiation and litigation of commercial and civil disputes in state and federal courts, as well as before American Arbitration Association and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority arbitration panels. Mr. Rosenstein has also practiced in all aspects of securities class action litigation before state and federal courts throughout the United States, and serves a FINRA Dispute Resolution Services Arbitrator.
Mr. Rosenstein is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York as well as before the United States District Courts for the Districts of New Jersey, the Eastern District of New York and the Southern District of New York. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits. Mr. Rosenstein received his J.D. from Yeshiva University’s Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law and his B.A. in political science from American University, cum laude. Prior to bar admission, he served as an intern with the New York State Department of Financial Services, the Kings County District Attorney’s Office, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Representative matters include:
- Secured dismissal at the pleading stage of claims in investor dispute, including an award of costs and disbursements.
- Successfully defended wholesale insurance broker on breach of contract and negligence claims.
- Obtained temporary restraints on behalf of a corporate client in a dispute involving a hemp cultivation and harvesting facility.
- Represented Fortune 500 financial services company in arbitration actions brought before FINRA arbitration panels.
- Contributed to successful appeal securing stay of all administrative proceedings relating to applications for marijuana alternative treatment centers in New Jersey following disqualification of certain applicants.
- Defended construction and design defect claims brought by large cooperative building complex in New York City against engineering firm.
- Successfully vacated eight-year-old default judgment awarded to state administrative agency, reversed seizure of funds, and combatted litigation abuses undertaken by state’s outside counsel.
- Obtained pre-discovery summary judgment dismissal of an action against commercial landlord and city marshal alleging unlawful eviction, wrongful seizure of property and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Successfully opposed county government motion to compel third-party to provide defense in breach of contract dispute.